Federal Employment LawyerFederal immigration and employment compliance for businesses.
Employment Law (Federal Legislation)
The employment legislation applicable to businesses is abundant and complex. The lack of proper personnel management policies in compliance with the applicable legislation can be detrimental for the enterprise and employers can be exposed to civil fines and criminal penalties.
We center our services in small and medium businesses. Our more than 12 years of experience working in the complex and dynamic field of human resources allows us to understand the challenges these employers face in dealing with these laws.
We offer consulting services aim to correct the business practices and compliance in areas related to:
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) – policies
- Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) –classification of personnel (exempt v non-exempt) & overtime hours
- Title Seven of Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
- Equal Pay Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- American with Disabilities Act
- I-9 Compliance
- Employee Handbook
- HR policies
- Contracts (employee v independent contractor)